Search the evidence for IPE
The following ‘cheat sheet’ can be used by supervisor wanting to search the IPE evidence.
Looking for the latest evidence on clinical placements in Interprofessional Education contexts?
Try these freely available databases:
Try these IPE specific journals:
Try these key words:
Some useful resources to guide your appraisal:
University of South Australia Critical Appraisal Tools to assist health professionals critique a variety of study types.
Learn more about the Impact Factors of the journals you select
Don’t forget to search the grey literature:
Reports, data/statistics, policies or books published by appropriate organisations or government bodies may also provide you with useful information. It is best to search these websites directly or, as often this type of information is published in ‘PDF’ format, used the advanced search function in Google settings to specify Adobe Acrobate PDF (.pdf) as the file type for your search.
Remember to consider the credibility, reliability, evidence used, perspective/bias and purpose when screening the grey literature you have located.
With Acknowledgements to Griffith University – Library and Learning Services
Interprofessional education networks
Interprofessional education professional development
The following links are to open access professional development materials on IPE:
- TBC on the Run (Canada)
- Welcome | Centre for Advancing Collaborative Healthcare & Education (CACHE) (utoronto.ca) (Canada)
- National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education (US) resource repository https://nexusipe.org/informing/resource-center
Guides for interprofessional education
- Understanding and Facilitating Interprofessional Education - A Guide to Incorporating Interprofessional Experiences into the Practice Education Setting (provides good examples of IPE placement activities with and without the client present
- A Kick-start guide to Interprofessional Fieldwork: Developing capabilities for future work ((Brewer & Flavell, 2018))
- University of Alberta – experiential learning activities
- Edith Cowan University: Interprofessional ambulatory care program: IPL through simluation
- Interprofessional Collaborative Organization Map and Preparedness Assessment (IP COMPASS) USER GUIDE v1.
Interpforessional education in different practice contexts
Interprofessional education in aged care
- The Interprofessional education in Aged Care Toolkit IPEAC Toolkit
- Brightwater IPE
- Student placement with Brightwater Care Group
- What is IPE in Aged Care? - YouTube
- IPL in aged care: an evaluation of psychology students’ experiences
Interprofessional education in rural and remote health
- Recent Papers and Reports – Arhen
- ‘Promoting IPE in rural health setting article IJERPH | Free Full-Text | Promoting Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice in Rural Health Settings: Learnings from a State-Wide Multi-Methods Study (mdpi.com)
Interprofessional education in mental health care settings
- Collaborative Care toolkit, checklists and literature review (Alberta Health Services)
- Te Pou - Interprofessional practice and education in mental health and addiction services (New Zealand)