For no or nominal fee, the Centre for Dementia Learning provides access to a variety of courses, and online learning that can assists students gain knowledge and skills in understanding dementia, and learning dementia specific skills in:
- problem solving for behaviour management
- in hospitals and in aged care settings.
Other Useful Resources:
- Cognitive Decline Partnership Centre – Clinical Practice Guidelines and Principles of Care for People with Dementia (Guideline Adaptation Committee. Clinical Practice Guidelines and Principles of Care for People with Dementia. Sydney. Guideline Adaptation Committee; 2016.)
- DementiaKT Hub – provides resources and education to assist users to gain understanding on knowledge translation and implementing innovations in dementia care.
- Dementia Training Australia – a national approach to dementia education and training
- Caring for Cognitive Impairment – Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare
- Behaviour Management – A Guide to Good Practice:Managing Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia (BPSD)
- ClinEdAus - Student Preparation for mental health placements provides a range of materials that could be provided to students prior to their placement in an aged care mental health setting. This can assist them to understand the mental health practice context, their particular work area or skills required. This facilitates the student’s transition to placement.