For no or nominal fee, the Centre for Dementia Learning provides access to a variety of courses, and online learning that can assists students gain knowledge and skills in understanding dementia, and learning dementia specific skills in:
- problem solving for behaviour management
- in hospitals and in aged care settings.
Other Useful Resources:
- Cognitive Decline Partnership Centre – Clinical Practice Guidelines and Principles of Care for People with Dementia (Guideline Adaptation Committee. Clinical Practice Guidelines and Principles of Care for People with Dementia. Sydney. Guideline Adaptation Committee; 2016.)
- DementiaKT Hub – provides resources and education to assist users to gain understanding on knowledge translation and implementing innovations in dementia care.
- Dementia Training Australia – a national approach to dementia education and training
- Caring for Cognitive Impairment – Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare
- Behaviour Management – A Guide to Good Practice:Managing Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia (BPSD)