Search template for IPE
Looking for the latest evidence on clinical placements in Interprofessional Education contexts?
Try these Databases:
PubMed and Google Scholar are freely available databases that can be used to search for literature if you do not have alternate database access provided by your employer.
Try these Keywords to find resources about IPE within health care settings:
Interprofessional education, interprofessional relations, interprofessional learning, interprofessional outcomes (health), students, interdisciplinary study, interdisciplinary standards, workforce, educational models, collaborative care, team-based practice, competencies, health, health care, allied health.
Then, combine with key words for the subject area you are seeking:
For example, if you are looking at providing constructive feedback when supervising an interprofessional student placement, you might also include terms such as student feedback, constructive feedback, student performance.
You may also wish to combine with the professions you are working with, for example, speech pathology and occupational therapy.
Some useful resources to guide your appraisal:
The International Centre for Allied Health Evidence is a global initiative aimed at improving the quality and safety of allied health care through the provision of tools, services and resources to support the health workforce translate evidence into policy and practice. They provide a series of Critical Appraisal Tools to assist health professionals critique a variety of study types.
Learn more about the Impact Factors of the journals you select
Don’t forget to search the grey literature:
Reports, data/statistics, policies or books published by appropriate organisations or government bodies may also provide you with useful information. It is best to search these websites directly or, as often this type of information is published in ‘PDF’ format, used the advanced search function in Google settings to specify Adobe Acrobate PDF (.pdf) as the file type for your search
Remember to consider the credibility, reliability, evidence used, perspective/bias and purpose when screening the grey literature you have located.
With Acknowledgements to Griffith University – Library and Learning Services
Interprofessional education resources
Guides/Toolkits for interprofessional education
- Collaborative Care toolkit, checklists and literature review (Alberta Health Services)
- Interprofessional learning: A pocket guide for mentors, facilitators, and educators of all professions
- Understanding and Facilitating Interprofessional Education - A Guide to Incorporating Interprofessional Experiences into the Practice Education Setting
- World Health Organisation: Framework for Action on Interprofessional Education and Practice.
Interprofessional education curriculum resources
- Collaborative Care Curriculum (Monash University)
- Learning outcomes for Interprofessional Education: Literature Review and Synthesis
Interprofessional education in different practice contexts
- Interprofessional education in aged care
- Interprofessional education in rural and remote health care
Interprofessional education organisations
- Australian Interprofessional Practice and Education Network
- Australian and New Zealand Interprofessional Education and Practice Resource Repository
- TBC on the Run (Canada)
- Te Pou - Interprofessional practice and education in mental health and addiction services (New Zealand)
- Nisbet, G. & Thistlethwaite, J. (2007). Preparing our educators for interprofessional learning: A framework for a work-based interprofessional learning staff development workshop. Focus on Health Professional Education: A Multidisciplinary Journal, 8 (3), 95-101 In Health Education Training Institute (2012). The Learning Guide – A handbook for allied health professionals facilitating learning in the workplace. Sydney: HETI. Retrieved from http://www.heti.nsw.gov.au/Global/HETI-Resources/allied-health/allied-health-learning-guide.pdf