Resources to support students in particular practice contexts working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Palliative Care Australia: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Palliative Care Resources
- Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet: Palliative care and end of life care
- Queensland health: 'Sad news, sorry business: Guidelines for the caring for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through death and dying' and the 'patient care guideline'
- Dementia Australia: Resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Guidelines for providing Mental Health First Aid to an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Person - these guidelines provide a general set of recommendations about how you can help an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person who may be experiencing a mental illness or developing a mental health crisis.
- Australian Indigenous Mental Health - This website aims to increase understanding about Aboriginal and Torres Strait mental health issues. It was developed by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Mental Health Committee of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) and beyondblue: the national depression initiative.
- ClinEdAus - Student Preparation for mental health placements provides a range of materials that could be provided to students prior to their placement, to assist them to understand the mental health practice context, their particular work area or skills required. This facilitates the student’s transition to placement.